Questions to ask your Director of Coaching, Trainer and/or Club Administrators:
- Will our team be eligible to participate in Presidents Cup or National (State) Cup?
If your team participates in a STYSA Qualifying League, based on the results of the Competition, your team would be eligible to participate in Presidents Cup or State Cup. Based on results, the team can advance to the Regional and perhaps National levels of each competition.
- Will our team be eligible to participate in State Classic League?
If your team qualified under STYSA competitions, you are eligible to play in SCL. SCL will continue to be offered as a vital component to our Competitions model.
- Can my son/daughter be part of the Olympic Development Program?All registered STYSA players are eligible to attend tryouts for the ODP Program. Players accepted into the ODP are then eligible to attend training sessions and friendlies. State Pool players are eligible to attend Region III Camp.
- We qualified for Southern Regional Premier League. Will our team still be eligible to participate and represent South Texas?If your team qualified under STYSA competitions, and STYSA approves, your team can participate in SRPL. Remember, STYSA ultimately determines which teams represent the state in Regional competitions.
- What type insurance coverage is offered?STYSA offers general liability coverage in addition to player accident coverage. All sanctioned practices, scrimmages, friendlies, games, tournaments and travel are covered. Club Officers are also extended Directors and Officers Insurance on behalf of STYSA.
- Who governs our playing league and what experience do they have?STYSA has a professional office staff with a total of 10 employees, including a full-time Executive Director, Director of Operations, Program Managers and support personnel. In total, the STYSA staff has over 50 years of combined experience in running soccer programs. In addition, STYSA is governed by an Executive Committee which has an extensive soccer background, but also brings business expertise and operational knowledge to the organization.